Try not to let a single day go by without eating a serving of leafy green vegetables. Here’s a very fast and easy way to serve Asian greens. There’s no need to follow the ingredients to the letter here – any variety of greens will work, but try to vary the look and texture to make the dish interesting.
2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
1 bunch broccolini
2 cups snow peas
1 bunch bok choy
½ bunch shallots
½ tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon tamari
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 piece fresh ginger, grated (approximately 3/4 inch)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Dry-roast the sesame seeds in a small pan over medium heat until golden.
2. Wash the greens and trim them to pieces of similar length.
3. Mix the sesame oil, tamari, lemon juice, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl.
4. In a wok heat the olive oil until hot, add the broccolini, and cook for approximately 1 minute.
5. Add the remaining greens and toss the dressing in at the same time.
6. Cook for another 2 minutes
7. Serve on a platter with sesame seeds sprinkled over the top