These nuts make a nice snack to serve with before dinner drinks. They’re much healthier than commercial varieties and, when served warm, they are much more delicious.
1 cup mixed raw nuts (including cashews, almonds, walnuts, and Brazil nuts)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
pinch chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Lay the nuts on the sheet and sprinkle the olive oil over them, shaking them gently on the tray to ensure each nut is lightly coated with oil.
- Sprinkle sea salt and chili flakes over them and stir through.
- Place the tray in the oven and roast for 4-5 minutes. Stir to allow the nuts to roast evenly and roast for a further 4 minutes.
Note: Nuts can turn rancid or mouldy if they’ve been stored too long or left unsealed in a warm place. To avoid rancidity, and the risk of free-radical damage from eating rancid nuts, buy raw nuts and store them in a sealed jar in the refrigerator