Here’s an easy and substantial meal that tastes great and is packed with nutritional goodies.
12 sardine fillets
juice of 1/2 lemon
4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
2 tablespoons capers
1 cup arugula leaves
1 roasted bell pepper, sliced
- Brush the sardines with olive oil and a sprinkle of lemon juice.
- Heat a grill pan and cook sardines for 3-4 minutes on one side only.
- Spread each slice of toast with avocado and sprinkle the capers over the top. Season with black pepper and a little more lemon juice.
- Lay the arugula over the avocado.
- Top with sardines and sliced bell pepper and serve.