Lentils combined with preserved limes and roasted bell pepper make a delicious base to this easy fish dish.
2 cod fillets (approximately 5 ounces each)
½ tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
juice of ½ lemon
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
½ bunch sage leaves
1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
2 preserved limes, flesh scraped and discarded, rind finely chopped
1 prepared roasted bell pepper, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 35O°F.
- Wipe the fish with a damp cloth.
- Make a few incisions across the thickest part of the fillets and brush with ½ tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice.
- Heat the extra olive oil until hot but not smoking and add the capers and sage leaves. Cook until they’re crispy.
- Remove from the oil and lay them out on absorbent paper towel to drain them of excess oil.
- Heat a grill pan and sear the fish for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer the fish to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes to cook through.
- While the fish is cooking, heat the lentils in a pan and stir through the preserved limes and bell pepper.
- When the fish is cooked, sprinkle the capers and sage through the lentils.
- Serve fish on top of the lentils with an accompanying green salad.