This impressive looking dish is a fabulous entrée at any dinner party. lt’s delicious served on its own with the dressing recipe as shown or with avocado. lf you don’t have a metal ring, don’t worry – on its own as a salad it’s still great.
½ cup coarse bulgur
1 cup boiling water
1 small eggplant, finely diced
juice of 1 lemon
2 Persian cucumbers
½ cup chopped parsley
4 vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 avocado, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 large clove garlic
1. Rinse the bulgur thoroughly then leave it to soak in a bowl with 1 cup boiling water.
2. Finely dice the eggplant and sprinkle the lemon juice over it. Cover and set aside.
3. Drain any excess moisture from the bulgur and combine it with the cucumber, parsley, and tomato.
4. Lay a large metal ring on a plate and fill it with one quarter of the bulgur and vegetable mix. Top with chopped avocado.
5. Remove the ring and repeat until you have completed 4.
6. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic and drizzle a spoonful over each timbale.