3. Cancer fighting food
The following properties in avocados reduce the risk of cancer:
• Vitamin E – An anti-oxidant that reduces the incidence of breast cancer.
• Glutathione –Glutathione neutralizes free radicals and thus reduces cell damage.
• Oleic acid – Prevents the mutation of cells, thus reducing the risk of cancer.
• Phytochemicals – Inhibits the growth of cancerous and precancerous cells in the mouth and thus protects against oral cancer.
• Dietary plant fat – Protects against the risk of pancreatic cancer.
4. Keeps you smart with a healthy brain
Dr. Daniel G. Amen, author of Change Your Brain, Change Your Life considers avocados as one of the top brain-healthy foods that can help prevent Alzheimer’s Disease. The folate in avocado contributes to preventing the formation of brain tangles that are considered a factor for Alzheimer’s.
Avocados combine brain healthy omega-3 fatty acids with natural vitamin E, which helps to keep your brain healthy. They improve blood supply to the pre-frontal cortex, the front part of the brain responsible for critical thinking, behavior, decision making, and planning.
Continue on next page